If you want to contact me in this capacity, feel free to contact me (see the sidebar for details). I’ve enjoyed being part of various public outreach activities in recent years:
- Supervisor in the BNL High School Research Program, Summer 2017.
- “Life as a physicist”, talk to Environmental Sciences High School Interns, BNL, 2017.
- Scientist at “Science Pro Speed Chat” event, High School careers day @ BNL, 2017.
- Moderator, High School Science Bowl, Long Island regional heats, 2017.
- Assistant, MoMath Scientific Programming Series @ BNL, 2016.
- Scientist at “Science Pro Speed Chat” event, High School careers day @ BNL, 2016.
- Moderator, Middle School Science Bowl, Long Island regional heats, 2016.
- Judge, New York State Science Congress High School Science Fair, 2015.
- Moderator, High School Science Bowl, Long Island regional heats, 2015.
- Science judge, Long Island elementary school science fair, 2015.
- Reviewer: APS Journals Phys. Rev. Lett., Phys. Rev. X, Phys. Rev. B
- Reviewer: IoP Journals New J. Phys., J. Phys. A, J. Stat. Mech.
- I organise (along with Jasper van Wezel) the condensed matter theory journal club at the University of Amsterdam.
- I received a 2017 Spotlight Award from Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Advisor to the 2017 board of the BNL Association of students and postdocs (ASAP).
- Theory representative, Condensed Matter Physics and Material Science Seminar committee, Brookhaven National Laboratory. 2016-17.
- I received a 2016 Spotlight Award from Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- Signee of the OutList, promoting visibility of lgbt+ physicists and making a commitment to diversity in the sciences. Consider adding yourself to the OutList or as an ally to the cause.
- From 2015-17 I sat on the Executive Board of Brookhaven Women In Science (BWIS), a registered 501(c)(3) charity which aims to promote equality in the sciences. I served as the Chairperson of the Chasman Scholarship committee, and I also sat on the subcommittee for the Goldhaber Prize.
- Organisational board member for the 2016 BNL Early Career Researcher Symposium.
- Joint organizer of the 2016 APS Editors BNL site visit – Author and Referee Tutorial.
- Head of the Presentations Committee for the 2015 Young Researcher Symposium, an annual meeting to highlight the contributions of postdocs and students to the research going on at BNL.
- Advisor to the 2016 board of the BNL Association of students and postdocs (ASAP).
- 2015 board member of the BNL Association of students and postdocs (ASAP).
- Student member of the Theoretical Physics computing committee, Oxford, 2013-2014.
- I’m an avid reader of fiction, particular favorite authors include Haruki Murakami, Alexandre Dumas and Herman Hesse.
- I listen to quite a lot of music, especially jazz. My discogs profile can be found here.
- I like to play squash with friends back in the UK and I jog regularly.
- I’m originally from the countryside and enjoy getting out into the greenery and hiking. When I lived in NY state, I hiked in the Catskills and the Adirondacks — both of which I really liked. See below for a photo of me at a summit: